Friday 20 February 2015

THE ONE WITH THE EXCEPECTATIONS WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING - PART 2

Today I continue with my post about my personal experience with pregnancy, (check PART 1 to be updated).

Month 4:
This month was kinda monotonous for me, my morning sickness was still there but to a lesser degree. My depression continued a bit as well, my belly started to show a bit but only in tight clothes. Also constipation started to get a little better. On the other hand, I noticed that my hair stopped shedding completely and it was growing fast like crazy.
The weird thing with this month was I started having this terrible headache that wouldn't go away by sleep or pain killer or anything, along with unexplained nasal congestion. It was horrible even to move my head at some point. It was difficult to breath and the headache could stay for hours or days constant.
I thought it was my sinusitis acting up again, so I called an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor friend of my father's and asked him about it. He told me that what I am suffering from is "Pregnancy Rhinitis"
The diagram illustrates sinusitis which resemble rhinitis, but rhinitis includes nasal congestion as well.
 
which is quite common in early pregnancy and its caused by a specific hormone secreted by the placenta (which I can't remember the name of right now) that causes the severe nasal congestion and sinus inflammation that causes the headache that I am suffering from. He then prescribed to me a nose spray called "French seawater nasal spray" , he told it had many brand names, just go to the pharmacy and ask for the French seawater nasal spray and get any brand name you find.Then sniff it at each passage as hard as I can several times a day for a few days, plus paracetamol for pain (paracetamol is the only pain killer allowed in pregnancy a.k.a Panadol) . It's a solution made of 100% natural isotonic seawater that help irrigate nasal passages and sinuses and relives the congestion. It's 100% safe and honestly it worked WONDERS !! By the 3rd day the congestion along with the headache were absolutely gone. 

Month 5:
Ah finally some peace. This month was nice. I started to feel energetic again, my sickness was completely gone and I regained my appetite. My mood was up lifted, and we were moving to the UK, I felt my 1st baby kicks around that month and by the end of It we found it out that it's a GIRL <3. So everything was peachy. ^_^
This is a picture of me 5 month pregnant.

Until I cough a bad cold that lasted about 10 days (which never happened to me before) and a 2 weeks later I caught another one !! Before I got pregnant, I used to get sick once every 3 years, now I got it twice in a month !! 
That's when I found out that pregnancy does mess up your immune system.
Another thing I started to notice around that month, is that my memory and concentration isn't as sharp as it used to be. My thinking felt a bit sluggish. I know what you are thinking.. "MOMMY BRAIN". Yes, the rumours are real.


Month 6:

My belly started to look all round and cute. Health wise I was very well, until at the middle of it I started to feel this dull aching pain between my legs that I couldn't point to or locate. The pain was not felt by touch, but it was just there when I move. I started searching and found about what is called "Round ligament pain". That what I thought I was suffering from at 1st but later It turned out to be something else which I will discuss in the Part 3 of this blog.

However, regarding "Round ligament pain" here is a few 
information you might want to know about it. 
It is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often 
felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is
one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is
considered a normal part of pregnancy. It is most often felt 
during the 2nd trimester.


Several thick ligaments surround and support your womb
(uterus) as it grows during pregnancy. One of them is called
the round ligament.
The round ligament connects the front part of the womb to
your groin, the area where your legs attach to your pelvis. 
The round ligament normally tightens and relaxes slowly.
As your baby and womb grow, the round ligament stretches.
That makes it more likely to become strained.
Sudden movements can cause the ligament to tighten
quickly, like a rubber band snapping. This causes a sudden 
and quick jabbing feeling.
Read more about it here.
That's it for today lovelies, I'll be writing the 3rd and final part soon
so stay tuned. Also my due date is in 2 weeks, wish me luck ^_^

                                                                     to be continued....XXX



Please subscribe to get updates of my new blog posts and also check

No comments:

Post a Comment