Monday 19 October 2015

THE ONE WITH MY JOURNEY OF GETTING FIT AGAIN- part 2

It has been 2 weeks now since I started hitting the gym again, and It's been great.
My fitness is defiantly improving, my sleep is much deeper and regular an I feel wonderful.

The plan with the personal trainer started well but I only had 3 sessions with her and she had to leave to her country, so I started working out on my own with the occasional random help of other instructor at the gym.

I don't follow a specific plan yet, I just rotate the targeted exercises around my body every workout day, with a basic cardio warm up before and zumba cardio classes after.

I have been going to the gym almost 4 times a week with the following routine;

10 min warm up on the treadmill: min.1-3 at pace of 3.5 mph

                                                        min 3-4 at pace of 7-9 mph
                                                        min 4-7 at pace of 3.5 mph
                                                        min 7-8 at pace of 7-9 mph
                                                        min 8-10 at pace of 3.5 mph , then cool down and stop.

If I'm planning on taking a zumba class later, then I don't do any further cardio, if I don't then I take extra 10 min on the Orbit rack.

Then I start the resistance workout. So far I have been focusing most on the legs as it is use in most resistance workout which shapes your body, so your legs needs to be nice and strong. I have been doing upper body and abs as well, but my main focus is on my legs.

Regarding my diet, I haven't gone on any special diet, but I cook my food healthy in general, i.e I don't use butter or ghee, I only use light oil with very minimal amount and I eat only lean proteins.
Most importantly, I controlled my portions and tracked everything I ate, using nutracheck app. And I stop eating 2 hours before bed, If I'm really hungry (that usually means I did more effort which is brilliant) I just have a small-medium baked sweet potato or a portion of low salt or cottage cheese with a tomato cut up with it. Finally I drink as much water as I can.

It's ok to have a cheat meal once a week where you can have anything you want. This boosts up your metabolism and helps to satisfy your cravings.

Results?? 
well, so far I have lost 1.5 kgs (the number might not look big but actually it is, as usually it's fats lost replaced by muscle, so the scale isn't the best indicator, you're body figure and how it looks in clothes is) and I have lost 2 cm around my waist line.

Actually, the difference between the 1st picture I took before I started workout and now is quite noticeable, and I can start seeing my abs horizontal lines starting to appear again, aaaah it feels MAGNIFICENT :D

All what you have read so far is preparing myself to get started on a body workout plan called "Bikini Body Guide"
 by kayla itsines, which so many have tried and have shown amazing results.
I'll start it as soon as possible.
Below are some screenshots of my food diary from the past weeks. Just to have an idea about how I have been eating, as you can see, nothing special, just controlled spaced portions.




   


That's it today lovelies and I'll see next week, hopefully with Good news ..xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment