Wednesday 18 March 2015

THE ONE WITH THE BABY'S PUSHCHAIR

This is a brief blog about the most important baby essential which is the Pram or the buggy or the stroller or whatever you would like to call it. In the end having a good pram is a must.

In general I am a big believer in the Egyptian saying "the expensive is well worth its money" and this is especially true when it comes to the pram. It's the thing you are gonna use almost always and so get the best one you can afford. Go cheap on anything else except the pram.

If you get a cheap one, you are going to end up spending more on multiple cheap ones, than what you would have spent on a good one from the beginning. Let alone the headache. In my opinion, it's a long term investment. 

Regarding what pram to get there is no one right answer, you just have to decide on your needs and your budget. There are so many types of prams out there, designed for different uses and requirements. Your job is to spend a little time on research and decide what do you need and how much you can pay. For example, if you are a runner or a jogger
jogging pram
 then get a jogging pram with the three wheel design, made easier for joggers. If you are the kind of a person who hardly goes out then get a basic one (still of good quality) and so on. 


For me, my priorities was me and my baby's comfort. I wanted a pram that would make my life easier in all ways possible, plus the luxury and the benefit of my baby of course. This was met in the Stokke xplory. 
The 1st time I saw this pushchair I was in Marassi, (this is a maritime resort on the north coast of Egypt) I was 4 month pregnant and I saw people sitting at a table with a cot on a buggy that was higher than the table and I immediately thought this is the pram I want, but I couldn't catch it's name. So, I kept searching until by chance I saw the famous blogger Ascia AKF posted it on her instagram and I found out the name Stokke FINALLY !!

About the reasons we chose it, 1st the seat level hight can be controlled, it can put the baby up nice and high, which aids in their cognitive development as they interact with the world better and of course saves my back from over bending all the time.

I had a tough tiring painful pregnancy as it was and GOD knows I deserve some rest and hubby put that in consideration pretty well.
Secondly, the seat reclines from the sleeping position to the full sitting position. And also, the seat can be directed to face forward and backwards, and doubles as a table chairs in restaurants. 
on the left it's surving as a seat and on the left is the newborn cot
Plus the handle hight is adjustable as well, so it benefits the tall as my hubby (Ahmed is pretty tall) and the short as a little kid.
The wheels are nice and big and very easily manoeuvred, which makes its pushing an absolute delight. Plus it's a travelling system so it has a cot and a car seat that can be attached to it as well. And finally, it's design is absolutely unique and elegant and it comes in all sort of colours.

Regarding the colour Our choice was the stokke xplory in deep blue.
 The colour was just out, it was catchy to us for many reasons. A) we are not "girls = pink, boy = blue" kinda people, we get what we think looks the prettiest. B) as I said we thought about it as a long term investment, hence it is supposed to be used by other babies to come, so the colour was neutral to us. C) Egypt can be a dusty place and the colour disguises dirt well. 
this is me with our colour of choice.


This is regarding my pushchair of choice, share with me your experience with your pushchair of choice. :)


All the love to you and your babies xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment